Green Bay Packers vs San Francisco 49ers will meet in an exciting matchup 2020 NFC Championship Game on Sunday Night Football. Green Bay Packers will square off against the San Francisco 49ers at 6:40 p.m. ET on Sunday, 19 January at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara. One of the most interesting matches of the day’s play. In the match war can see two teams from the top of the table. For the first time within the history of 2020 NFL Gameday.
How can I Watch Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers NFL Stream?
Green Bay Packers vs San Francisco 49ers 2020 NFC Championship Game live stream at 6:40 PM ET on Sunday 19th January, 2020. Watch Green Bay Packers vs San Francisco 49ers Game online in HD. This stream works on all devices including PCs, Laptop, tablets, iPhones, Android, and Play Stations, you can watch wherever you are. Great NFL streaming every time.
|2020 NFC Championship Game|
|Who: Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers|
|When: Sunday, January 19 2020, at 6:40 p.m. ET|
|Where: Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara|
|TV and Live Stream: Fox, Fox Sports Go|
|Live Stream: Watch Here>>|
Watch Green Bay Packers vs San Francisco 49ers Live Stream Now!!
Notes to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate link we may earn a commission
Stream Green Bay Packers vs San Francisco 49ers live. Watch from anywhere online. We offer you the best live streams to watch NFL Football in HD. Enjoy the game between Green Bay Packers vs San Francisco 49ers, taking place at United States, Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara on January 19.
You can watch Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers live stream online here, the leading online streaming company that has streaming coverage for more than 500+ live tv and sports events. If this match is covered by Fox live streaming you can watch 2020 NFC Championship Game match Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers on your iPhone, iPad, Android or Windows phone. It’s also easy to find video highlights and news from the most popular sports leagues in the world.
Phone or Tablet device Features:
- NFL TV Network 24/7 with authentication
- Up-to-the-minute scoring while game play in live, in-game highlights and drive charts
- Free live stream local and primetime all NFL games
- Live stream NFL Playoffs and Super Bowl LIVE
- NFL Combine and Draft Online TV Coverage
- Articles and video highlights featuring the latest stories and game preview and breaking news from all around the NFL game
- Access to all NFL Game Pass from NFL Network with authentication
- NFL Game Pass is a subscription product with features that vary based on location.
- The Best Way to Watch Live Stream NFL Football Games 2020 Without Cable
- We picked the best live TV streaming services Provider for each NFL team so you never miss a single play.
- On this site you’ll able to watch NFL streams easy and lag-free. It doesn’t matter where you are, our NFL Football streams are available worldwide. Never miss a NFL Football game anymore!
How to watch on Fox
Fox’s NFL Football broadcast will be available to stream on live TV streaming services that carry your local Fox station in your country, as well as via antenna, cable or satellite.
Green Bay Packers visit San Francisco 49ers for 2020 NFC Championship Game
The Green Bay Packers are traveling west to take on the San Francisco 49ers in this Sunday’s NFC Championship game.
• It will be a team match with the second-best playoff winning percentage (Green Bay, 35-22,.614) and the team with the third-best winning percentage in NFL history (San Francisco, 31-20,.608).
• This is only the second time the two teams have played each other in the 1997 season in the NFC Championship, with the Packers winning, 23-10, at the 49ers.
• The Packers and 49ers have met in the playoffs seven times (all since the 1995 season) and Green Bay has a 4-3 lead in the playoff series. This eighth meeting would tie against one team (Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants) for the most playoff games the packers have played against.
• According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the eight playoff games between Green Bay and San Francisco will tie behind the Cowboys-Rams (nine) for the second-most in NFL history.
• The last game between the two clubs in the 2013 season was a 23-20 victory in Green Bay by San Francisco.
• This will be San Francisco’s first postseason game between the two since 2012. The Packers are 2-2 at the 49ers in playoff games.
• Three of the last four playoff games have been determined by three points between Green Bay and San Francisco.
• This will only be the second time that the Packers have been part of a postseason game between two teams that both have played 13-plus regular-season games. The other instance was in the NFC Championship in 1997 at the 49ers when both teams posted 13-3 regular-season records like this season.
Back in The NFC Championship Game
◦ Sunday is to be the eighth time since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger Green Bay has played in the NFC title game.
◦ That will be the third appearance of Green Bay’s NFC Championship since 2014 (2014, 2016), the most in the NFC over that period. As of 2014, no other NFC team has advanced more than once to the conference title game.
◦ The first appearance of the team in the NFC Championship was in 1995, when it was on a trip to Dallas. Green Bay held a fourth-quarter lead but for the third straight year, the Cowboys used two fourth-quarter rushing touchdowns from Emmitt Smith to end Green Bay’s season.
◦ The Packers again won the NFC championship game the following year, playing the first title game since the’ Ice Bowl’ at Lambeau Field. The Packers overcome two early losses to beat the Panthers, 30-13, for their first Super Bowl appearance in 29 years. They’d continue to beat New England in the Super Bowl.
◦ For the third consecutive season in ‘ 97 the Packers won the title game, this time heading to San Francisco. On a rain-soaked afternoon, Green Bay built a comfortable 13-3 lead in a subsequent 23-10 victory as it bounced the 49ers from the playoffs for the third straight year.
◦ With a game-time temperature of minus-1 and wind chill of minus-23, the Packers played the Giants in the third-coldest contest in championship game history in ‘ 07. Lawrence Tynes sent New York to the Super Bowl for the Giants ‘ 23-20 win, with a 47-yard field goal in overtime.
◦ Green Bay defeated long-time division rival Chicago, 21-14, in the’ 10 NFC Championship. Packers DT B.J. Raji helped seal the win in a game that included five interceptions, with an 18-yard interception return for a touchdown that put Green Bay ahead, 21-7, with just over six minutes left. The Packers have continued to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers for the fourth Super Bowl and 13th NFL title in the history.
◦ The Packers appeared in the 2014 NFC Championship at Seattle. After Green Bay took a lead of 16-0 in halftime, the Seahawks outscored the Packers, 22-6, in the second half to force OT, and prevailed 28-22 on the first extra time possession.
◦ Green Bay’s last appearance in the NFC Championship was in Atlanta in 2016, where the Packers lost to the Falcons, 44-21.
THE CALL WITH
• The game will be broadcast by FOX Sports, now in its 26th season as a NFL network television partner.
• Play-by-play man Joe Buck joins commentator Troy Aikman, working from the sidelines alongside Erin Andrews and Chris Myers.
• Milwaukee’s WTMJ (620 AM), which has been airing Green Bay games since November 1929, heads up the Packers Radio Network and consists of 50 stations in 4 states. The game will be called by Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play), two-time Packers Pro Bowler Larry McCarren (analyst), and three-time Packers Pro Bowler, and two-time All-Pro John Kuhn (sideline). In 1995, McCarren entered the team’s broadcasts for the first time and begins his 25th season calling games for Packers. McCarren and Larrivee are beginning their 21st season of broadcasts together after being first partnered together in 1999. We surpassed Jim Irwin and Max McGee for the 2018 season’s most regular and postseason games broadcast to the Packers at 313
• The broadcast can also be seen on Sirius Satellite Radio (WTMJ feed).
• Westwood One is going to air the game across the world. The action will be called by Kevin Kugler (play-by-play) and Kurt Warner (analyst) with Ross Tucker (sideline) and Scott Graham will host pregame and half-time shows.
THE DOPE ON THIS OPPONENT WEEKS:
Packers vs. 49ers:
- In Regular season, all time: 32-28-1.
- Postseason all-time: 4-3.
- At San Francisco all-time: 12-19-1 (includes 2-2 in postseason)
- Streaks: The Packers have won seven of San Francisco’s last 11 games (including playoffs).
- Last playoff meeting: Jan. 5, 2014, Lambeau Field, San Francisco won, 23-20.
- Matt LaFleur: 14-3,.824; first season at NFL
- Kyle Shanahan: NFL 3rd season 24-25, .490
- Head to Head: Shanahan 1-0
- vs. Opponent: Shanahan 1-1 vs. Packers , LaFleur 0-1 vs. 49ers
MATT LAFLEUR … In his first season as 15th head coach for the Packers.
• Having served as an offensive coordinator for two seasons in his 11th season at the NFL (Los Angeles Rams, 2017; Tennessee Titans, 2018), a six-season Quarterbacks coach (Washington Redskins, 2010-13; Atlanta Falcons, 2015-16), and a two-season offensive assistant (Houston Texans, 2008-09).
• In his first season, he became the first head coach during team history to guide the Packers into a division title.
• In 2018, the Titans ‘ offense was led to a No. 7 league ranking in rushing (126.4 ypg) as Tennessee posted 11 games with 100-plus rushing yards, compared to No. 2 in the NFL.
• Helped the Rams lead the league in scoring averaging 29.9 points per game in 2017, more than double their 2016 mark (14.0 ppg).
• Tutored QB Matt Ryan, who in 2016 led the passer rating league (117.1) on his way to being selected by The Associated Press as NFL Most Valuable Player.
• In 2012, coached rookie QB Robert Griffin III with the Redskins, who became the first QB in franchise history to win the year’s AP Offensive Rookie.
KYLE SHANAHAN … In his 3rd year as 20th head coach of the 49ers.
- Despite losing QB Jimmy Garoppolo to a season-ending injury early in 2018, TE George Kittle set a tight-end NFL record for most receiving yards (1,377) and won a Pro Bowl pick.
- In his first season as the 2017 head coach, he led the team to a 6-10 record for the 49ers, a four-game change from the previous year.
- Possesses 16 seasons of NFL coaching experience with nine as Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator (2015-16), Cleveland Browns (2014), Washington Redskins (2010-13) and Houston Texans (2008-09).
- Helped the Falcons win Super Bowl LI in 2016 and led the Atlanta offense to franchise highs in yards per game (415.8), scored points (540), net yards per game (295.3) and yards per game (6.7).
- In 2016 both The Associated Press and America’s Pro Football Writers were named Assistant Coach of the Year.
The Packers vs. 49ers Series
- Initially dating back to 1950, two games per season were featured in the series from 1953-66 with teams exchanging dominant strets.
- From 1950-58 San Francisco won 13 times in a period of 15 seasons, while between 1959-64 the Packers won 10 of 11 games.
- The series has been remembered in more recent times for its playoff clashes including several defining moments in the history of Packers. The 27-17 triumph of Green Bay in the NFC Divisional playoff in 1995 was seen as the landmark victory that established the Packers as an elite team for the next several years. The Packers also won the next two postseason meetings, a 35-14 home victory in the 1996 NFC Divisional playoff en route to the Super Bowl XXXI title, and a 23-10 win at San Francisco in the 1997 NFC Championship game.
- In 1998, the two teams met in the playoffs for a fourth straight season, beating the 49ers, 30-27, on the last-second TD pass from QB Steve Young to WR Terrell Owens.
- In back-to-back seasons (2012-13), the clubs faced off in the postseason, with San Francisco coming in with victories in both.
Packers head coach Matt LaFleur and his uncle, 49ers passing game coordinator Mike, worked together for two seasons in Atlanta (2015-16) … Matt LaFleur previously worked with 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan in Atlanta (2015-16), Washington (2010-13) and Houston (2008-09) … Shanahan’s boss, Mike Shanahan, was Redskins ‘ head coach when LaFleur was the quarterback coach …Packers WR Jake Kumerow is cousin of DL Nick Bosa 49ers … 49ers offensive assistant Bobby Slovik is a Green Bay native …Green Bay players with California ties include: WR Davante Adams (Palo Alto, Fresno State), T David Bakhtiari (San Mateo), DL Kenny Clark (Rialto, UCLA), RB Tyler Ervin (Colton, San Jose State), CB Kevin King (Oakland), TE Marcedes Lewis (Long Beach, UCLA), LB Blake Martinez (Stanford), QB Aaron Rodgers (Chico, University of California), and RB Jamaal Williams (Fontana) …California residents on the Packers ‘ coaching staff include: offensive coordinator Nate Hackett (Fullerton), defensive line coach Jerry Montgomery (Los Angeles) and defensive back coach Jason Simmons (Inglewood) … Matt LaFleur was an offensive assistant in Cleveland in 2014 when Packers ‘ defensive coordinator Mike Pettine was head coach …LaFleur has worked with a number of 49 assistant coaches, including special team coordinator Jim Hightower (Houston, 2008; Washington, 2010-13), run game coordinator Mike McDaniel (Houston, 2008; Washington, 2011-13; Atlanta, 2015-16), defensive coordinator Robert Saleh (Central Michigan, 2004; Houston, 2008-09), head coach / tight close ends Jon Embree (Washington, 2010), offensive line coordinator Robert Saleh (Central Michigan, 2004; Houston, 2008-09)…Pettine, Packers special teams coordinator Shawn Mennenga and defensive backs coach Ryan Downard worked in Cleveland with Hightower (2014), McDaniel (2014) and 49ers defensive quality control Brian Fleury (2014-15) ……Holland played safety for seven seasons (1987-93) for the Packers … Matt LaFleur was on the Houston coaching staff when 49ers inside linebackers coach DeMeco Ryans played linebacker for the Texans … Matt LaFleur was a graduate assistant in Central Michigan when 49ers T Joe Staley was on the roster …Hackett played alongside Saleh, Benton and 49ers Safety Coach Daniel Bullocks in Jacksonville in 2016 … Packers tight ends coach Justin Outten was on Atlanta coaching staff with Matt and Mike LaFleur, McDaniel and Turner Jr. … Packers inside linebackers coach Kirk Olivadotti was on Washington staff with Matt and Mike LaFleur, Shanahan, Hightower, Embree and Turner Jr…Packers outside linebackers coach Mike Smith was in 2018 the position coach for DL Dee Ford in Kansas City for 49ers. Smith and 49ers wide receiver coordinator Wes Welker were also Texas Tech teammates …Joe McKillip, former chief of staff at Packers, served on the N.C. with 49ers administrative assistant to head coach Nick Kray. Members of state football operations (2015-16)… 49ers RB Tevin Coleman, OL Mike Person and TE Levine Toilolo played in Atlanta while Matt LaFleur and Outten were in the coaching staff (2015-16)….Packers S Adrian Amos and 49ers K Robbie Gould played together in Chicago in 2015 … Packers G / T Billy Turner and 49ers WR Emmanuel Sanders played for three seasons together in Denver (2016-18) … Packers LB Za’Darius Smith and 49ers FB Kyle Juszczyk played together for two seasons in Baltimore (2015-16) …LaFleur was the Notre Dame quarterbacks coach while 49ers OL Mike McGlinchey was a rookie for the Irish Fighting … Packers TE Jimmy Graham and 49ers CB Richard Sherman played together in Seattle for three seasons (2015-17) … 49ers CB K’Waun Williams signed with Cleveland as an undrafted free agent when Pettine was the head coach …Former college teammates include: Packers DL Montravius Adams and Ford (Auburn); Packers RB Jamaal Williams and 49ers LB Fred Warner (BYU); Packers G Lucas Patrick and 49ers OL Laken Tomlinson (Duke); Packers CB Josh Jackson, 49ers QB C.J.Beathard and TE George Kittle (Iowa); Packers RB Dexter Williams, 49ers DL Sheldon Day and McGlinchey (Notre Dame); Martinez and 49ers DL Soloman Thomas (Stanforford)
POSTSEASON, LAST MEETING
January 5, 2014, in Lambeau Field, San Francisco won, 23-20.
For 177 yards and a TD, Packers QB Aaron Rodgers completed 17 of 26 attempts.
49ers QB Colin Kaepernick tossed an INT for 227 yards and a TD. At 98 yards to the ground, Kaepernick also led all rushers.
Packers CB Tramon Williams in the second quarter intercepted Kaepernick’s pass which led to WR Jordy Nelson’s 5-yard TD reception.
Packers K Mason Crosby finished the game with 77 postseason career points which surpassed Chris Jacke (73 points) for the most points in the history of the franchise playoff.
NFL NFC Championship Game 2020: Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers TV Info, Odds and Predictions
Preview and Prediction
In terms of playing style this game is best suited for the 49ers.
The Packers excel when they move the ball quickly thus minimizing the passing game in opposition. Offseason acquisitions and pass-rushers such as Za’Darius Smith and Preston Smith helped Green Bay put together a pass defense that was ranked 14th in the regular season.
In 2019 the Packers, as a team, recorded 41 sacks. They also added five more on Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks.
If the 49ers are forced to lean heavily on the pass they could be offensively in trouble. This is likely to only happen, however, if there are significant injuries in the backfield or if the Packers open up a massive early lead.
The offense against Kyle Shanahan is designed to run first, with backs such as Tevin Coleman, Raheem Mostert and Matt Breida on board. Mostert was affected against Minnesota by a calf injury, but that shouldn’t be a problem moving forward.
The run-first strategy of San Francisco fits well against the 26th-ranked run defense of Green Bay. Through pre-snap movement, creative play calls and misdirection, Shanahan creates a lot of open running lanes. In read-and-react scenarios, Mike Pettine’s defense, which relies heavily on man coverage and blitz packages, is not at their best.
Shanahan should have little trouble setting up the pass, which will leave quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo free for play action. Although Garoppolo did not do much work against the Vikings — he went 11-of-19 with a touchdown and an interception for 131 yards — he did enough to hold the defense honest.
The 49ers could already give Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and head coach Matt LaFleur nightmares, defensively. Green Bay created only 189 yards of offense in the first meeting and went down 2-of-18 on the third or fourth down. Rodgers has been sacked 5 times and has been limited to 104 yards.
LaFleur knows he has to change his game plan this time around to have a chance.
“I spoke to Matt LaFleur about that matchup,” said Jay Glazer on Fox’s postgame show (h / t Josh Schrock of NBC Sports Bay Area. “He said ‘ last time against the 49ers they beat our asses in every area of the game. I know we’re going to have to go into this week, somehow find things that other teams have done effectively against the 49ers, and I’ve got to apply it this week.”
If the Packers are looking to see another result, they will need to use Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams and the running game. In the first game Green Bay had some success with that, gaining 117 yards and 4.2 yards per ground play.
The challenge lies in keeping the game close enough to pound the running game on San Francisco.
While this game will undoubtedly feature some imaginative plays, big plays in the secondary and maybe a touch of Rodgers magic, it will be won in the trenches. This is what brings the edge to San Francisco.
All teams have high-end offensive lines but the 49ers have probably the league’s best defensive unit. We should have Nick Bosa, DeForest Buckner, Solomon Thomas and Arik Armstead, as it features former first-round picks.
Do the packers get a chance to reach Super Bowl LIV? Sure. Totally. And a chance can be enough, as the Titans proved Saturday. Green Bay will need a ton to pull off the upset though. San Francisco is favoured by matchups, both individual and total.
Packers vs. 49ers odds, spread: 2020 NFC Championship Game prediction picks 96-65 runs
In the 2020 NFC Championship Game on Sunday, when the San Francisco 49ers host the Green Bay Packers, two of the most successful NFL teams clashed in. The NFC North champions, the Packers (14-3), beat the Seattle Seahawks in the divisional round while the NFC West holders, the 49ers (14-3), knocked off the Minnesota Vikings to participate in the NFL playoff bracket in 2020.
Kickoff at Levi’s Santa Clara Stadium is scheduled for 6:40 p.m. ET. During the regular season the Niners beat the Packers, 37-8. In the new 49ers vs. Packers odds, San Francisco is a 7.5-point favorite whereas the over-under for total points scored is 45. Until making any picks from Packers vs. 49ers, check out SportsLine Projection Model’s NFL predictions.
The program, which simulates every NFL game 10,000 times, has been up over $7,000 on its top-rated NFL picks for $100 players since its inception four more years ago. It has nailed its latest top-rated NFL picks, reaching the 2020 NFL playoffs championship weekend on a solid 34-22 streak dating back to last season. It’s also on a remarkable 96-65 roll on top-rated NFL picks dating back to the 2017 season.
The model ranked on straight-up NFL picks in the Top 10 on NFLPickWatch the past three years and last season beat more than 96 per cent of CBS Sports office pool players. Anyone who has gone along with it is way up.
The model has now set its sights in the 2020 NFL Playoffs at Packers vs. 49ers. To see the predictions, visit SportsLine. The NFL lines and patterns for Packers and 49ers are as follows:
- Packers vs. 49ers spread out: Niners-7.5
- Packers vs. 49ers: 45 points
- Packers vs. 49ers money line: Packers +280, 49ers -354
- GB: Packers require 19.8 points for each match
- SF: 49ers have the best passing NFL coverage (169.2 yards per game)
Why the Packers could cover
San Francisco is not a certainty to cover the Packers vs. 49ers spread out in the NFC Championship Game 2020, even with Garoppolo playing at a high level. Over the past two decades, Green Bay has been one of the league’s most successful teams, posting 15 winning seasons since 2000 and 14 playoff appearances.
Quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who completed 16-of-27 passes for 243 yards and two touchdowns in the divisional round against Seattle, is one of the main reasons for the Packers ‘ success. Against San Francisco he was also dominant. Rodgers hit 64 per cent of his throws in seven career games against the 49ers for a total of 290.1 yards and 14 touchdowns, while tossing just two interceptions.
Why the 49ers could cover
The 49ers won five of the last seven matches against Green Bay and won three of the last four post-season matchups, including the last three games played at home.
Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo was statistically solid, completing 340-of-495 passes in 17 games for 4,109 yards and 28 touchdowns. Garoppolo connected on 14-of-20 passes for 253 yards and two touchdowns in one career-start against the Packers.
How to make Packers vs. 49ers picks
We can tell you that the model leans over, and a strong counter-the-spread pick that cashes in well over 50 per cent of simulations has also been produced. You can see it on SportsLine alone.